WHEN GOVERNMENT WORKS WITH PRIVATE ENTITIES GREAT THINGS CAN HAPPEN LIKE FREE WI-FI AT 300 KIOSKS, B
When there is too much government or too much private entity influence in managing the public we have major breakdowns. But when government and private entities embrace technology to find balance, great things can happen. An American company called CIVIQ Smartscapes is best known for re-purposing phone booths in NY into high-speed communication stations for local residents while creating many new sustainable jobs. Like typical New Yorkers, they are now in Miami!
CIVIQ has partnered with Miami-Dade County to install 300 kiosks called "WayPoints" throughout Miami-Dade County providing free high-speed public Wi-Fi and they will also install 1000 Wi-Fi devices in busses and trains. Benefits to the public include:
* STAYING CONNECTED - greater connectivity and faster communication resulting in an overall better experience,
* KEEPING IT GREEN - greater use of public transportation resulting in less harmful emissions output by personal fossil-fuel powered vehicles,
* SAFETY - faster emergency alerts for public safety,
* EMPLOYMENT - job creations,
* MANAGING PUBLIC FUNDS AND ASSETS - greater ability for the County to manage and keep track of its public transportation system,
* NO CHARGER, NO PROBLEM - WayPoints will offer free charging to power your mobile devices,
* NOT ONE PENNY OF THE $20 MILLION PRICE TAG WILL BE CHARGED TO THE TAXPAYERS!!! Income will be generated by digital advertising,
* MONEY FOR THE COUNTY REDUCING POSSIBILITY FOR INCREASED TAXES!!!! - If the free price tag was not enough, Miami-Dade County will receive revenue shares that would reduce the necessity to increase taxes.
BALANCE & HARMONY BETWEEN GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE ENTITY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC IS A BEAUTIFUL THING.
#miamidadecounty #Miami #MiamiDade #WayPoint #CIVIQ #CIVIQSmartscapes